Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Makayla with Yah’s Girl nominated me for the Liebster award!
The Liebster Award is a recognition of bloggers by other bloggers, especially those with around 200 or fewer followers. I first want to thank Makayla for the award and amazing shout outs from her blog, and second, all who are following my blog. I realize more each week how valuable and amazing you are, whether or not I hear from you. That you visit this corner of the internet is beyond encouraging!
Below is a quick layout of what this post contains:
- Rules for the Liebster Award Nominees
- About the Nominator
- Questions from the nominator (and answers)
- 11 Random facts about me
- My nominees
- My questions to the nominees
Liebster Award Rules:
- First, thank the person who nominated you, include a link to their blog, and add the Liebster Award badge to your blog and/or post.
- Next answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Notify your nominees that you nominated them for the Liebster Award.
- Last, but certainly not least, ask your nominees eleven questions.
About the Nominator:
About Makayla and Yah’s Girl: This young lady is a high-school/home-school, Bible-loving girl. Her blog is a beautiful reflection of what it means to follow Jesus in today’s culture. Her mission is to encourage teen girls (and many others) to stay strong in God’s Word. She inspires and motivates young women to live out their faith and freedom because the Bible truly changes lives forever. You can see how we connect on that! We both LOVE the Bible and believe it holds the power to transform our lives to live the best life we can. She’s fun, friendly, adventurous, and inspiring! Check out her blog!
Thank you, Makayla, for the nomination and your contribution to the blogging AND faith community! It’s an honor to do Kingdom work with you through writing ❤
Visit her blog! https://makaylalifedotblog.wordpress.com/
Questions from the Nominator:
- What was your first thought when you saw your name on the nominee list? My first thought was, “What’s a Liebster Award?” I honestly had never heard of it before and had to look it up!
- Did it take the ambulance members long to revive you after you realized you’d have to do this award? *giggles* Let’s just say it took a second to process 😉
- What’s one of your favorite books of the Bible, and why? There’s a few: Psalms, Proverbs, John, and as of recently, Hebrews. I’ve always loved Psalms, even as a child. The poetry, worship, and focus on God just unravels me. As a worship leader, it makes for great worship songs as well. I love Proverbs because of its wisdom. I’ve learned some of the most transformational principles for my daily life from there. The Gospel of John reveals Jesus’ love and passion for people, which I want to reflect. And Hebrews, because (as I recently learned) it reveals how Jesus Christ is God, why He was a Jew, and how it’s only by His blood that we get set free. In simpler terms: it proves that Christ is the Savior!
- What’s your favorite genre of music? Growing up, my dad taught me to appreciate all genres of music. It’s hard for me to pinpoint one favorite genre! I enjoy R&B, Rock, Hip-Hop, Punk-Rock, Indie, Alternative…
- What is something you’re really passionate about? My 3 W’s: the Word, Worship, and Writing 🙂
- How would other people describe you? Outgoing and energetic!
- Where do you find hope when you’re feeling hopeless? The Bible, worship, my husband, and helping others. Some of my go-to Bible verses for hope are Philippians 4:7, Ephesians 3:16-21, Psalm 18:28, John 15. I find hope in worshiping God through song and playing instruments, it’s a form of thanksgiving. My husband has a way of putting things in perspective, so I can always rely on him for finding hope. And last, helping others helps me find hope in my own life. It’s encouraging when I can help someone else.
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself? I never get bored! And I’m thankful for my physical traits, I work out and love seeing the results!
- What is your biggest fear? My biggest fears… wide open and deep spaces, like swimming in the ocean or deep lakes. I also often fear missing out, getting behind, and not doing enough.
- What is something you wish you could tell your ten-year-old-self? If my ten-year-old-self would listen, I’d tell her to not worry about what others think, especially boys, because God has SO much more in store for her. And not to waste time texting!
- Where do you want to be in five years? We love living in Colorado, so most likely still here, in a house with a few kids. I also want to be a published author with best-selling books about the Bible and motivation for life.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- The first job I wanted as a kid was a “front-office person at the dentist.” Basically, an admin, but I didn’t know the title then.
- I LOVE historical fiction. Especially British history.
- I’m bilingual AND bicultural. I was born in Russia but lived in the US most of my life, and our family kept the culture.
- I want to visit Mount Ararat more than anywhere (Noah’s ark landed there, and it’s also 10 hours south of where I was born).
- I can sleep anywhere, including (and notably) on airplanes.
- I’m a sucker for routines and schedules.
- I have a bad habit of leaving product caps and cabinet drawers open.
- I have over 70 first-cousins, of whom I am fairly close with. (My grandma had 16 children; 1 marriage).
- I pretended to hate reading and school in high school because a lot of my friends did.
- When I was 11, I told my mom I’d marry someone named Ruvim. Fast forward 10 years, I did 🙂
- I’m the firstborn girl in my dad’s lineage, as far as we know!
- Devyn – Divine Minsitries
- David – Davids Daily Dose
- June – The Godly Chic Diaries
- Mel – Your Last Day On Earth
- Harman – My Serene Words
My questions to the nominees:
- How did you get into writing?
- What is your favorite book(s) (could be from the Bible, too)?
- What does your morning routine look like?
- Do you schedule “writing days,” if so, what’s your process?
- What goal have you recently accomplished?
- If you could relive one year or age, which would it be and why?
- How do you study the Bible?
- What Bible verse resonates with you most right now?
- How do you motivate yourself?
- What’s your favorite meal of the day or your favorite food?
- What’s the best advice you’ve received that you now give out, too?